1 month ago
Manchester Competitive Permanent
Job Reference: 407656
Posted on behalf of
Product Engineering – Nationwide
Hi! We're cinch, a fresh kind of service that makes life easier for motorists. We know what drivers want, so we’ve ripped up the rule book to make sure they get it, faff-free!
We are on a mission to transform the car owning experience and we are removing the faff from buying and changing cars, giving customers more choice, flexibility, transparency, convenience, and peace of mind.
We’re looking for a Head of Product to join our team and lead our Sourcing and Partners Tribe. Collaborating closely with all cinch product and engineering functions, as well as our commercial and operations teams the Head of Product leads the team to execute against our strategy and deliver the right commercial outcomes and customer benefits.
What you’ll be working on
Your goal will be to carve the path to inventory management greatness with your inspirational leadership and approach to innovation. This tribe focuses on stocking our digital forecourt with the cars our customers really want, at a price they find enticing.
This role involves taking complex operational problems and solving them with elegant, enterprise scale solutions. If you’re all about creating beautiful front-end experiences, then this probably won’t be the role for you; but if you want a sizeable role with the opportunity to make a huge impact on the business, then read on.
Working closely with engineering, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for users of your products whether those users are internal teams or external customers. Your partners in engineering are responsible for making sure we build these things in the right way, working as a single team todeliver experiences customers will cherish. This will also extend to the delivery of future iterations of those products and implementing new solutions that deliver against cinch’s ambitions and objectives.
• Leading a tribe of 2-5 squads, you will own the vision and strategy for your tribe, whilst being hands-on and collaborating closely with the wider cinch teams
• Build and articulate the vision for your group of products to a growing team, breaking delivery down into meaningful and achievable goals
• Work with operational and commercial leaders, Product Directors and other Heads of Product to lead the development of the short- and long-term product and digital strategy in alignment with company’s overall strategy
• Ensure that prioritisation is done effectively and in alignment with cinch’s requirements and ambitions
• Planning the pipeline of delivery for your products, working closely with other tribes and stakeholders to manage dependencies and user story handoffs
• Lead a constantly evolving area of product, aided by a talented multidisciplinary team (Engineers, UXrs, Service Designers, Delivery, Researchers and Analysts)
• Line managing multiple disciplines – including product owners, business architects and delivery managers
Things we look for in you
• Hands-on Senior Product Manager/ Product Lead/ Head of Product, who has led Agile product teams to deliver end-to-end user products and propositions
• Relationship skills - ability to develop and sustain positive and co-operative working relationships with a broad variety of company and partner personnel
• Excellent team player, able to interact cross-functionally at different levels within the organisation
• Experienced line manager, preferably with experience of leading multiple disciplines
• Able to handle a high degree of complexity
• Experience with systems mapping, process automation and digitisation of manual / offline experiences will be useful
• A tenacious approach with the focus and determination to get things done effectively, looking for solutions to overcome difficulties
• Talent in bringing opportunities to life and storytelling to excite stakeholders, partners, and your team
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex data and arguments in clear and compelling manner
• Strong negotiating & persuasion skills with the ability to influence decision makers up to senior management level and in a matrixed organisation
• Agile approach and ability to keep up with the pace of change, learn fast and adapt to the new conditions quickly and effectively
• Comfortable with ambiguity and able to make decisions in the face of incomplete information
• Explorer’s mind - curiosity, strong desire to innovate, take risks and think outside the box
• Being detail oriented and having the ability to work at both strategic and granular levels
• Strong operational & commercial acumen; understands the key operational drivers and dynamics related to efficiency and pursuing financial goals
• A knowledge of design thinking and lean start-up working practices preferred
• Significant, demonstrable experience of delivering many successful products
• High level of personal ownership and unimpeachable business integrity
We have offices in London, Manchester, Bedford and Hook. In the post-Covid era, subject to government guidance, we will be operating a hybrid working model, with employees expected to spend a few days a month in the office alongside colleagues, while the others can be worked from home.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.
Feel you would be good for this job but don’t meet every single requirement? We know that some people can be put off applying for roles unless they can tick every point on the job description. We want to build an inclusive and authentic workplace,
so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t perfectly align, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be who we’re looking for.