Posted on behalf of
Hi! we're a fresh kind of service that makes life easier for motorists. We know what drivers want, so we’ve ripped up the rule book to make sure they get it, faff-free!
We are on a mission to transform the car owning experience and we are removing the faff from buying and changing cars, giving customers more choice, flexibility, transparency, convenience and piece of mind.
We’re looking for a Head of Product to join our team and lead our Payments and Financing Tribe. Collaborating closely with all cinch product and engineering functions, as well as, our commercial and operations teams the Head of Product leads the team to execute against our strategy, and deliver the right commercial outcomes and customer benefits.
What you’ll be working on
Leading the existing Product Teams to instil increasingly effective product success, this role is designed to ensure the successful development and delivery of cinch products. This will also extend into the delivery of the next iterations of these products, implementing new digital solutions that will effectively and efficiently deliver against our ambitions and objectives.
Working closely with engineering, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for users of your products. Your partners in engineering are responsible for making sure we build these things in the right way, working as a single team to deliver experiences customers will cherish.
- Leading a tribe of 2-5 squads, you will own the vision and strategy for your tribe, whilst being hands-on and collaborating closely with the wider cinch teams
- Build and articulate the vision for your group of products to a growing team, breaking delivery down into meaningful and achievable goals
- Works with commercial leaders and Heads of Product to lead the development of the short and long term product and digital strategy in alignment with company’s overall strategy and vision to grow the profitability and customer base.
- Ensure that prioritisation is done effectively and in alignment with our requirements and ambitions.
- Planning the pipeline of delivery for your products, working closely with other tribes and stakeholders to manage dependencies and overlapping user journeys
- Lead a key area of a greenfield product, aided by an talented multidisciplinary team (Engineers, UXers, Service Designers, Researchers and Analysts)
Things we look for in you
- Hands-on Senior Product Manager/Head of Product, who has led Agile product teams to deliver end-to-end user products and propositions
- Relationship skills - ability to develop and sustain positive and co-operative working relationships with a broad variety of company and partner personnel.
- Excellent team player, able to interact cross-functionally at different levels within the organisation
- Able to handle a high degree of complexity
- A tenacious approach with the focus and determination to get things done effectively, looking for solutions to overcome difficulties.
- Talent in bringing opportunities to life and storytelling to excite the partners.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a “can do” attitude
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex data and arguments in clear and compelling manner.
- Proven track record of consulting, negotiating and influencing without authority.
- Strong negotiating & influencing skills with the ability to influence decision makers up to senior management level.
- Agile approach and ability to keep up with the pace of change, learn fast and adapt to the new conditions quickly and effectively.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to make decisions in the face of incomplete information.
- Explorer’s mind - curiosity, strong desire to innovate, take risks and think outside the box.
- Being detail oriented and having the ability to work at both strategic and detailed levels
- Strong commercial acumen; understands the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and revenue goals
- A knowledge of design thinking and lean start-up working practices preferred
- Significant, demonstrable repeat experience of delivering successful products
- Demonstrated motivational ability and inspiring leadership
- High level of personal ownership and unimpeachable business integrity
We have offices is London, Manchester, Bedford and Hook. In the post-Covid era, subject to government guidance, we will be operating a hybrid working model, with employees expected to spend a few days a month in the office alongside colleagues, while the others can be worked from home.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.